Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buildism Updates Restarting!
Rainbow 
4 months ago, I said I wasn't going to update Buildism anymore. This was partly because I didn't think I was going to have enough free time, and partly because the forum community was beginning to be too much to deal with every day. But the community seems to be much more pleasant now, and I've been wasting entirely too much time every day reading Reddit.

I still have a lot of ideas for how to improve Buildism, even though I've added just about everything I can think of to the editor. We went from this
[Image: 149qavm.jpg]
to this
[Image: 28a28nl.jpg]
in less than 2 years, just think about what could happen in 2 more!

Yes!

Now we just need triangles, advanced building tools, and what ever else is in that thread.
kewl, very kewl
awesome
Good, good. But what exactly will you be updating, if not the editor? I can't really think of anything else to update, not any ingame features anyway. Maybe a currency, but that seems unnecessary on a game where you make your own skin.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
Hooooray!!

Although it may not seem like it, there's more incentive to build when there are new features being added; we want to see those new updates and maybe demonstrate them.

Triangles are definitely something we could use, if only just 45-45-90 and 30-60-90 triangles. It would decrease part counts by quite a bit when trying to make simple triangle shapes -- instead of 8 or 10 boxes, one 45-45-90 triangle. It's not neccessary, there are ways to do it, but it would make things a lot easier.

Also, a Tint and Size property of ParticleSystems. This way we can tweak the appearance of the particles without having to upload a seperate image and use different particlesystems.

Another idea: A model library. Not neccessarily even a direct editor-to-site connection, just the ability to upload .bsmodels to the site the way we can skins.

Oh yeah, and I see the subliminal message in the first picture... Tongue
(01-01-2012, 02:16 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Oh yeah, and I see the subliminal message in the first picture... Tongue

You do? It's just a 2 year old screenshot, I didn't know there was anything subliminal in it. Tongue
(01-01-2012, 03:04 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [Image: 149qavm.jpg]

I can make that with the new editor too! Tongue
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(01-01-2012, 05:19 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 02:16 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Oh yeah, and I see the subliminal message in the first picture... Tongue

You do? It's just a 2 year old screenshot, I didn't know there was anything subliminal in it. Tongue

[string "game.World.Part.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)"]:1: attempt to index field World (a nil value)

So buggy it couldn't even use game.World without erroring.
A new layout would be awesome, and Im glad to decided to keep this awesome site going.
Hello