Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright guys, enough with the Anti-Ashely stuff.
(05-31-2012, 11:08 PM)Kieron Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:07 PM)noob007 Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:05 PM)Kieron Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:03 PM)noob007 Wrote: [quote='Qwertygiy' pid='84412' dateline='1338505251']
Now it's up to Jacob_ over what happens to Ashely, but I will enforce the rules that would normally apply to any other situation.

I will personally ban anyone for a day who posts another anti-Ashely image, for PAing. I'll give you a day to remove the anti-Ashely signatures before I delete them. Unless Jacob_ or a consensus of the other mods negates this. You've been warned.

And Ashely did not simply ban people because she disagreed with them -- Kieron did break a rule, and you apparently came close to breaking one, Glome. The punishment is not the issue here, it's the attitudes about it.

Yes, I agree that Ashely's attitude is the issue here.

Fellow members, we are aware of your concerns. The mods and Jacob_ will try to address this issue ASAP, however please stop the stupid PAing which will just result in nothing good.

How many times have you pulled that lie before.

As Dignity said, we have the internet to protect us. And, considering this site abides by U.S. laws, the first amendment.

Protect you from what? In this website Jacob_ can do whatever he wants. It isn't required to give you any rights.

Then Jacob_ could be arrested.
Its called human rights.
Sorry, but there is no Anti-Ashely rules.

You are also not the US Government.
(05-31-2012, 11:09 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I will know it is someone using a proxy, and that's enough to warrant a ban. Posting anti-ashely threads/posts by a newly signed up member is also enough to warrant a ban. And you wouldn't gain anything by just plain signing up and posting nothing.

We can gain information. Like when our ban ends.
And if we don't use a proxy - let's say, a different network.
Give up.
(05-31-2012, 11:09 PM)Glome Wrote: It's too late Qwertygiy.
Jacob_ won't do anything, when has he ever SIDED with HIS USERS.
He's always siding with the moderators. He never looks at OUR point of view.

All Jacob_ is going to do is log in, post something about how Ashely is perfect moderator and we're all stupid for having opinions.

Oh and if we're lucky he might mention an old forum or minecraft CTF server!

He nullified the ban you got already and pretty much flat out said "No, we're not doing that" to Ashely in a mod discussion thread.

Also, Jacob_ can run this site however he wants. US law says nothing about allowing people to run amok on your forums posting insulting material at other people. If he makes a rule that says "nobody can say anything bad about potatoes", then he can enforce that rule.
(05-31-2012, 11:07 PM)noob007 Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:05 PM)Kieron Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:03 PM)noob007 Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:00 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Now it's up to Jacob_ over what happens to Ashely, but I will enforce the rules that would normally apply to any other situation.

I will personally ban anyone for a day who posts another anti-Ashely image, for PAing. I'll give you a day to remove the anti-Ashely signatures before I delete them. Unless Jacob_ or a consensus of the other mods negates this. You've been warned.

And Ashely did not simply ban people because she disagreed with them -- Kieron did break a rule, and you apparently came close to breaking one, Glome. The punishment is not the issue here, it's the attitudes about it.

Yes, I agree that Ashely's attitude is the issue here.

Fellow members, we are aware of your concerns. The mods and Jacob_ will try to address this issue ASAP, however please stop the stupid PAing which will just result in nothing good.

How many times have you pulled that lie before.

As Dignity said, we have the internet to protect us. And, considering this site abides by U.S. laws, the first amendment.

Protect you from what? In this website Jacob_ can do whatever he wants. It isn't required to give you any rights.
True, he doesn't have to. But without users what would happen to buildism?
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(05-31-2012, 11:09 PM)Dignity Wrote: Then Jacob_ could be arrested.
Its called human rights.

Excuse me, how could Jacob_ violate your inalienable rights in ANY WAY whatsoever, on this website?
(05-31-2012, 11:12 PM)noob007 Wrote:
Its called human rights.

Excuse me, how could Jacob_ violate your inalienable rights in ANY WAY whatsoever, on this website?

Exactly. For example, McDonald's could have you arrested for going up to the counter and yelling "WHOPPERS ARE BETTER, MICKEY D'S SUCKS." Freedom of speech has its limitations.
(05-31-2012, 11:11 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:09 PM)Glome Wrote: It's too late Qwertygiy.
Jacob_ won't do anything, when has he ever SIDED with HIS USERS.
He's always siding with the moderators. He never looks at OUR point of view.

All Jacob_ is going to do is log in, post something about how Ashely is perfect moderator and we're all stupid for having opinions.

Oh and if we're lucky he might mention an old forum or minecraft CTF server!

He nullified the ban you got already and pretty much flat out said "No, we're not doing that" to Ashely in a mod discussion thread.

Also, Jacob_ can run this site however he wants. US law says nothing about allowing people to run amok on your forums posting insulting material at other people. If he makes a rule that says "nobody can say anything bad about potatoes", then he can enforce that rule.

The UK Law has stuff about it. In-fact, it was made via the special relationship, people can have their own opinions on eachother aslong as it is not likely to cause a civil war or any of the sort.

So, we are still alive.
I personally don't have any problems with Jacob_. All my problems are with Ashely. Something really needs to be done about her. Not just a slap on the wrists and a "no no ashely dats bad". This isn't the first time she has abused her powers.

A majority of the active forum members don't like her that should be a decent reason to do something about her.
Also, she is never online and when she logs in like once every month she says something to spark Kieron to lash out on her so she can ban him.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(05-31-2012, 11:13 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:12 PM)noob007 Wrote:
Its called human rights.

Exactly. For example, McDonald's could have you arrested for going up to the counter and yelling "WHOPPERS ARE BETTER, MICKEY D'S SUCKS." Freedom of speech has its limitations.

Maybe not arrested, but they can easily kick you out of the shop for saying such things. That doesn't violate the first amendment in any way.