Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does "God" Exist?
Think about it. If you believe in god and he doesn't exist, then you've pretty much wasted your one life. If you think he doesn't exist and he does, well isn't he supposed to be forgiving? Just apologise Smile
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(07-06-2012, 03:19 AM)Micky Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 04:42 PM)Kieron Wrote: Science: "I don't know. Let's say it is what we think!"

Science is based of facts, deep research, investigating and experimenting.

My opinion involving the thread:

I'm an Atheist, my reason is that is you carefully look back into time, you will realize that all this thoughts we call "religion" and "god" were used by primitive men to explain things that weren't possible with the lack of technology and knowledge back in that time. But with time, people of science started to create theories that proved religion wrong.

Example:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Church: "The sun spins around the Earth"

Galileo Galilei: "By deep researching with this device i invented called "telescope" i discovered that the Earth spins around the sun"
Church: "God created the first humans, Adam and Eva"

Charles Darwin: "I investigated many species of the earth,and by a series of experiments i have found out that species evolve, and that the first men came from their ancient relative, the pliopithecus"

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxh6kgujf--mtGQAwLe33...1PCq3eSuSy]

There is no evidence of evolution. Evolution is a theory.
(07-06-2012, 11:59 AM)Kieron Wrote: There is no evidence of evolution. Evolution is a theory.

Not sure if you're trolling, but...

But you can believe in evolution and still be a Christian, so it doesn't really matter.
It's been a few posts back, but @Leonartist:

My opinion of that matter is that there is absolutely no way that science can tell what the heck was going on "before" the Big Bang, because there WAS no "before" the Big Bang in the sense of time as we know it. Therefore, although there may have been a God who exists outside of time to kick-start the whole shebang, there is not much of a way that our brains could comprehend Him or His realm. As I said back on the first page of this thread, it's like if Default Jeff was a sentient being and you tried to explain depth to him. All he's ever known and experienced are width and height. It would be nearly impossible to explain a third dimension to a two-dimensional being. In the same way, it would be nearly impossible for us to try to understand some other dimension outside of time and space as we know it.
(07-06-2012, 11:59 AM)Kieron Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 03:19 AM)Micky Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 04:42 PM)Kieron Wrote: Science: "I don't know. Let's say it is what we think!"

Science is based of facts, deep research, investigating and experimenting.

My opinion involving the thread:

I'm an Atheist, my reason is that is you carefully look back into time, you will realize that all this thoughts we call "religion" and "god" were used by primitive men to explain things that weren't possible with the lack of technology and knowledge back in that time. But with time, people of science started to create theories that proved religion wrong.

Example:
Church: "The sun spins around the Earth"

Galileo Galilei: "By deep researching with this device i invented called "telescope" i discovered that the Earth spins around the sun"
Church: "God created the first humans, Adam and Eva"

Charles Darwin: "I investigated many species of the earth,and by a series of experiments i have found out that species evolve, and that the first men came from their ancient relative, the pliopithecus"

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxh6kgujf--mtGQAwLe33...1PCq3eSuSy]

There is no evidence of evolution. Evolution is a theory.

Actually it's the other way around. Proof of evolution is everywhere on the internet.

Wherever you found that pic- LOL.

I find out that most "religious" members of church deny Science for lack of understanding. It's ignorant to say Science can't prove how we were created. We already know so much about dinosaurs.

Everything around us is created and developed by Science.

It's okay to believe in "God", but disrespecting Science itself and calling it ....useless, is just asinine.

I got the idea for this thread here: http://thebotnet.com/general-off-topic/3...bate-only/

So many epic posts I cannot describe my feels.

Ricus;1248079 Wrote:It really depends what you actually define with the word "GOD". Usually the humans have used "gods", as they couldn't find any other explanation for things like the sun or a storm. It is complete bs, if you are completely compressed and whine about things, such as "god will help me".
For me god is just like self confidence. Everyone believes in something else to have faith and at something stronger than a general human being to give you strength and hope. I love god, but I really dislike the church. They are just scamming everyone out of their money to bail out their pedophiles.

As long as you can separate religion and science, you are completely fine Wink.

EDIT: There is no such thing as some dude sitting on clouds or that stuff.

[Image: 317949_4063611071077_404029650_n.jpg]
Picture relevant.
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa2W3GQpDwmlUSTkCSqXk...eahyu0uJQg]

WHERE WAS YOUR GOD WHEN I RAPED ALL THOSE INNOCENT CHILD?!!
That is a question I think we've all heard already.
The only thing we can say when it comes to the existence of a deity is observe our lives. Maybe there is a God, but it isn't the god all of the religions describe. I'm not sure, none of us can be, but personally, mainstream religion is a manipulation tool. Churches manipulate for money, Islamic extremists manipulate for destruction. It's all simple, it's like politics, there's sides to the coin we don't want to see.

Personally, religion is a useless factor in life, our lives could be a wonderful adventure without some fascist God watching our every move and determining our "worthiness." None of us are "holy" in any way, we are all people and we all can act like idiots. We may be different in qualities, bu there is things we do regardless of religion. But back on topic.

I would say there is most likely no God in our life. Why do we 'need' a God? What's the fun in that? I like to live my life the way I want to, not they way some God does.
I think no kind of gods exist, However, it doesn't rule out the possibility of any god(s) existing. If a god did exist, he would most likely intervene in Evolution in some points of Earth's history. I believe that after you die, you get reincarnated as someone you don't like if you are really bad or anyone you want if you are really good. Who knows if there is any god(s), we might find out in the distant future, far future, or we might never find out about if any god(s) or not until we die.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
Well dont flame me for this,but i believe in god. I don't mind what are people opinions on this. I still respect people who don't believe in god. Do any of you
believe in miracles? not every one but some people? Do you start a flame war for that reason. No. Its every one opinions. I believe in god. you don't. your mind. not mine. Its america we can chose our study of faith. I cant do anything to change it
you cant. No one can.
-pep-
(07-08-2012, 12:16 AM)Dr_Pepper Wrote: Well dont flame me for this,but i believe in god. I don't mind what are people opinions on this. I still respect people who don't believe in god. Do any of you
believe in miracles? not every one but some people? Do you start a flame war for that reason. No. Its every one opinions. I believe in god. you don't. your mind. not mine. Its america we can chose our study of faith. I cant do anything to change it
you cant. No one can.
-pep-

I agree that people have the right to believe what ever spaghetti monster they want, but just because it's your opinion doesn't make it right to harass others because of your opinion.