MC is as money-hungry as Roblox.
(10-14-2012, 03:41 PM)Walrus Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 11:12 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Roblox -> Pay 5 bucks a month, or more, for premium. Also, if you want to be able to truly buy anything, you need to buy virtual currency with real money.

Minecraft -> Pay less than 30 bucks for life for premium. No virtual currency is ever involved.

Roblox -> You're stuck with their engine, their catalog, their forums, their servers, their rules.

Minecraft -> Server admins can tweak the heck out of the server for their clients (eg, Bukkit plugins) and there's also a huge modding community, which I am very much a part of. Anyone can run their own server with their own rules, or make their own skin. And there are dozens of popular, unofficial forums because there's no one Mojang-run one.

Roblox -> You get banned, you get BANNED. Done for. Can't play ANY servers. And if you bought BC, tough luck.

Minecraft -> Server owners decide who gets banned and why, and only for their server. Get in trouble at Random Server 457? No worries, they'll never know over at Your Favorite Server 123. This can be both an advantage and disadvantage, depending on whether you're a player or server hoster; this is one of the reasons Bukkit is so popular.

Roblox -> Built a huge 25,000 block world? RIP, CPU.

Minecraft -> Only 25,000 blocks? Did you just spawn and then quit? In Small render distance?

Blockland is a lot more worth it than MC.

I own both and have played MC at least 10x more than blockland. Blockland was fun, but it got boring fast after all the servers basically became TDM/Boss Battle/Roleplays/Crappy Freebuilds
(10-14-2012, 03:46 PM)Paradox Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 03:41 PM)Walrus Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 11:12 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Roblox -> Pay 5 bucks a month, or more, for premium. Also, if you want to be able to truly buy anything, you need to buy virtual currency with real money.

Minecraft -> Pay less than 30 bucks for life for premium. No virtual currency is ever involved.

Roblox -> You're stuck with their engine, their catalog, their forums, their servers, their rules.

Minecraft -> Server admins can tweak the heck out of the server for their clients (eg, Bukkit plugins) and there's also a huge modding community, which I am very much a part of. Anyone can run their own server with their own rules, or make their own skin. And there are dozens of popular, unofficial forums because there's no one Mojang-run one.

Roblox -> You get banned, you get BANNED. Done for. Can't play ANY servers. And if you bought BC, tough luck.

Minecraft -> Server owners decide who gets banned and why, and only for their server. Get in trouble at Random Server 457? No worries, they'll never know over at Your Favorite Server 123. This can be both an advantage and disadvantage, depending on whether you're a player or server hoster; this is one of the reasons Bukkit is so popular.

Roblox -> Built a huge 25,000 block world? RIP, CPU.

Minecraft -> Only 25,000 blocks? Did you just spawn and then quit? In Small render distance?

Blockland is a lot more worth it than MC.

I own both and have played MC at least 10x more than blockland. Blockland was fun, but it got boring fast after all the servers basically became TDM/Boss Battle/Roleplays/Crappy Freebuilds

I've had blockland for 2 years now and last year and this year were two terrible years for the game, many people left after the terrain was removed in August, and people just started going inactive last year. When I first bought blockland in 2010 it was the best game I've ever played. For this past year, I've seen a decrease in players, and a decrease in quality games and a decrease in the amount of servers that are up.
Luckily, everything is getting better again because blockland is going on steam.
Lots of new people are joining again.
Blockland by far is the best 20$ that I've ever spent.
(10-14-2012, 03:53 PM)Walrus Wrote: Blah blah blah... blockland is going on steam...

Wait, whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt!?
(10-14-2012, 07:06 PM)Qwerty Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 03:53 PM)Walrus Wrote: Blah blah blah... blockland is going on steam...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...d=95710780
(10-15-2012, 07:25 PM)Paradox Wrote:

Nearly 600 people joined already and bought the game within the past month; ever since it's been on steam.
(10-15-2012, 09:56 PM)Walrus Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 07:25 PM)Paradox Wrote:

Nearly 600 people joined already and bought the game within the past month; ever since it's been on steam.

It's not technically on Steam yet though, just on Greenlight.
well, ROBLOX is a game maker with some limits (i mean a lot) witch has builder club witch costs money each month, AND you have to pay real money or wait for months for robux to buy stuff. and minecraft is a 1-price-4ever-play game with tons of mods and tons of servers and you build whatever you want, plus you play whenever the f**k you want.I say minecraft is better and blockland is pretty good
Here I am, on a dead website for no reason.
Steam account (I'm online most of the time):
https://steamcommunity.com/id/kitzoeynoob