MC is as money-hungry as Roblox.
TBH, I feel like "paid membership" is a bad term when describing buying Minecraft.

Both games can be whatever you want them to be, but Roblox has more restrictions due to their crappy engine
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
hey guys i think wrigleys chewing gum is a bad company i have to pay like 50p to get the gum and they dont give me anything for free but roblox lets me play games for free they are better
I agree.
No one said that you HAD to pay 5$ a month on ROBLOX.
Not to mention, you get loads of features without BC on ROBLOX, unlike Minecraft.
Minecraft is repetitive anyways and gets boring after a month.
It's certainly not worth 26 god damn bucks.

Blockland is even better than Minecraft.
(10-13-2012, 02:59 PM)Walrus Wrote: I agree.
No one said that you HAD to pay 5$ a month on ROBLOX.
Not to mention, you get loads of features without BC on ROBLOX, unlike Minecraft.
Minecraft is repetitive anyways and gets boring after a month.
It's certainly not worth 26 PIG bucks.

Blockland is even better than Minecraft.

You get to play the game on Minecraft if you buy it.
Is that not enough?
Then, you can mod it to do whatever you want.
And Blockland is even more money-hungry than ROBLOX IMO.

Well, Blockland sorta has a mod-thing, I guess. But you can't do much with it.

As for those 'loads of features' citation needed. You mean uploading crappy avatars and making crappy games?
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
(10-12-2012, 12:34 PM)DysLabs Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 01:55 AM)Invader Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 01:24 AM)DysLabs Wrote: "couldn't even find the games"

There are no "games" in Minecraft. Sure, people can build maps, but there's no "games."
There are single player worlds, with just you (well, you are just the only actual human.) and there are MP servers, where a bunch of people can play.

Please learn more about Minecraft before you go in and attack it.
That's what I meant by "games." I watched my friend with a paid membership play it earlier and it looks fun, but you have to pay to build. It's just not worth it.
"before you go in and attack it"
So now stating my opinion from what I've seen is attacking Minecraft?
If you guys insist that it's actually worth 30 dollars, I'll buy it. But I'll probably regret it in the future.

Yes, you are attacking it.
But honestly, you pay who knows how much to ROBLOX EVERY MONTH.
If you can have two accounts with OBC and TBC, 30 dollars isn't going to affect you much.
I'm not attacking Minecraft at all. I'm explaining why it's not fair.
And the OBC was a gift that I didn't ask for - I only wanted 1 month BC to get something good.
I mowed lawns most of the summer to rack up enough for the TBC, but I bought 1 month at first, then the payment system glitched and gave me 6 months. I paid 11 dollars. So now I have 34 left and I might buy Minecraft.

Oh, and I forgot to add - I'll buy the game if Minecraft cares about what users want, unlike Roblox.
Qualities in that are like, if they're about to make a crappy update like 3.0 bodies on Roblox that the users don't want, do they go through with it?
~Invader~
If you want more features in minecraft than you just install a mod. There's a mod for almost anything.
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
Yeah, they care about us. Big Grin
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
http://twitter.com/jeb_

and

http://twitter.com/dinnerbone
(10-11-2012, 11:12 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Roblox -> Pay 5 bucks a month, or more, for premium. Also, if you want to be able to truly buy anything, you need to buy virtual currency with real money.

Minecraft -> Pay less than 30 bucks for life for premium. No virtual currency is ever involved.

Roblox -> You're stuck with their engine, their catalog, their forums, their servers, their rules.

Minecraft -> Server admins can tweak the heck out of the server for their clients (eg, Bukkit plugins) and there's also a huge modding community, which I am very much a part of. Anyone can run their own server with their own rules, or make their own skin. And there are dozens of popular, unofficial forums because there's no one Mojang-run one.

Roblox -> You get banned, you get BANNED. Done for. Can't play ANY servers. And if you bought BC, tough luck.

Minecraft -> Server owners decide who gets banned and why, and only for their server. Get in trouble at Random Server 457? No worries, they'll never know over at Your Favorite Server 123. This can be both an advantage and disadvantage, depending on whether you're a player or server hoster; this is one of the reasons Bukkit is so popular.

Roblox -> Built a huge 25,000 block world? RIP, CPU.

Minecraft -> Only 25,000 blocks? Did you just spawn and then quit? In Small render distance?

Blockland is a lot more worth it than MC.