Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Model Showcase Thread
Got a nice model you want to share with the Buildism community?

Make the model, post it as an attachment here, and give a brief description of what it is and what it does.

Example: I have attached here the first Monster made on Buildism. It has YValue, Leftmost, and Rightmost values inside the main model. Set the YValue to the Y position of the monster, the Leftmost to the farthest X position to the left it can get, and the Rightmost to to farthest X position to the right it can get. You can "stomp" it to temporarily freeze it.

Attached Files
.bsmodel   Monster.bsmodel (Size: 4.26 KB / Downloads: 118)
Ball tool, click to throw bouncy balls.

Also, here is a way to make testing models a lot easier: copy the link, then go to Edit>Insert Model from Web, paste it, and click OK.

Attached Files
.bsmodel   ball.bsmodel (Size: 1.03 KB / Downloads: 240)
Here are three more.

#1 is a lava brick, as used in my obby.

#2 is a basic gravity-test map. Bottom ground, top ground, and two switchers. Gravity is still quite buggy though -- only parts that are moving are affected by gravity.

#3 is a full fledged character monster. Beware in your scripts -- he is still a Character but has no player -- and beware in your game, as he is a devious little noob who kills you on touch. Unfortunately, he does not currently load.

#4 is BUILDISM'S FIRST HAT GIVER!!! Welds are kinda glitchy, so it took me a while to work out how to do this, but in the end it works! You can no longer see your name completely though.

Attached Files
.bsmodel   Lava.bsmodel (Size: 985 bytes / Downloads: 84)
.bsmodel   GravityTest.bsmodel (Size: 1.76 KB / Downloads: 61)
.bsmodel   Monster v.2.bsmodel (Size: 86 bytes / Downloads: 41)
.bsmodel   Hatt.bsmodel (Size: 1.24 KB / Downloads: 124)
Awesome stuff... unfortunately I'm not very skilled in scripting >Sad
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
Added a hat giver to my main model post! Big Grin It actually works, but because welds are currently glitchy, it's probably best to try it out at my obby, which has a hat remover tool if you want to take it off.
I have made the first buildism badge!

VIP_Door.bsmodel
How do you make an attachment?
(03-17-2011, 08:50 PM)roperson Wrote: I have made the first buildism badge!
How do you make an attachment?

1: It's not truly a badge like on ROBLOX. It can' tell if you've won it before, and it can't be shown on your profile or anything.

2: It's just below "Post Reply".
??? I can't find it there.
Don't type in the little box underneath the thread, click NEW REPLY.
I made the first badge on buildism but it needs LOTS of work. Feel free to use/edit.

Attached Files
.bsmodel   Badge.bsmodel (Size: 724 bytes / Downloads: 37)