If a Thread is Off Topic
Move it, don't delete or lock it.
Some forums actually are dead...I think there were like 3 sections where my new thread was the last post for the next hour (or 2).

If what is off topic still has to do with buildism, get a little leeway until it get's some type of response.
Then move it.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
You confused me, but let me parapharse a chunk of it.

If someone bumps a thread 3 pages behind It's fine?

Depends how old it is. Week old? Not allowed. Anything behind that is fine.
(04-19-2011, 12:34 AM)broloxer Wrote: You confused me, but let me parapharse a chunk of it.

If someone bumps a thread 3 pages behind It's fine?

Depends how old it is. Week old? Not allowed. Anything behind that is fine.
No, what I am saying initially is to move off topic posts and not lock/delete for being off topic.

Then I said that if the off topic thread has to do with buildism and is posted in BD simply because the right thread is dead. It should be allowed to have one response then moved.

This way the person who responded will directed to the right section. Thus that section is populated.

Good point, we can move some off topic threads to Off topic.
This would make moderators work harder than necessary. They should just wait like we do.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(04-19-2011, 12:38 AM)Login Wrote: This would make moderators work harder than necessary. They should just wait like we do.
Post in scripting, still untouched.
I can understand why someone would call that section dead.

What I mean is, wait for someone to reply and move it to the right section. The person that replied will probably keep track on the thread to see responses. Due to it being moved, that replier will see other threads in that section.
Ultimately making it a little more active.

(04-19-2011, 12:41 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 12:38 AM)Login Wrote: This would make moderators work harder than necessary. They should just wait like we do.

What I mean is, wait for someone to reply and move it to the right section. The person that replied will probably keep track on the thread to see responses. Due to it being moved, that replier will see other threads in that section.
I feel as if if it's scripting, your responses in Buildism Discussion will be "Sorry, I don't know how to script" thus, Scripting will be people who are dedicated scripters who can help others and are willing to help others
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]

Good point. (Sorry it took me a bit to understand. ._.)

If let it die if then don't bump it. If they bump it, lock it.

If someone else bumps it, send it into the correct area.
(04-19-2011, 12:42 AM)Login Wrote:

I feel as if if it's scripting, your responses in Buildism Discussion will be "Sorry, I don't know how to script" thus, Scripting will be people who are dedicated scripters who can help others and are willing to help others

Scripter scripted every script in my game.

He's a great scripter
When a thread is moved, it leaves a redirect in the original forum to the new location. There's nothing wrong with moving a thread.

These are the unofficial criteria for moving/locking/deleting.

Delete: Inappropriate language/content, illegal stuff, personal attacks
Lock: Mild rule-breaking, flame wars, threads that couldn't possibly produce positive discussion
Move: Off topic threads