Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Application [EDIT]
Why should we hire you as a moderator on Buildism? (what qualities do you have that are good for a moderator?)

-Well, I have moderated a total of five websites. (all shut down sadly) So I have experience. I also believe you should hire me because I can interact well with the community, and clean up the forums to my best ability.

-Other qualities I have is a strict attitude. I am not afraid to lock a thread or tell a user what they are doing wrong. It's just not in my nature to not. I also have close to perfect grammar which is a key respect aspect. Also, I think before I act.

Why do you want to become a moderator?

-I would like to be a moderator here because forum moderating is a hobbie of mine that I have been doing for quite a while, and I enjoy it a lot. I also want to be a part of the wonderful and fast growing community that we have here.

Do you have previous experience at any other forum as a moderator?

-Yes I do, As I have said, I have 1.5 years of experience on a total of five websites.

What timezone are you located in?

Eastern Standard Time. (America)
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
I wonder why nobody replies to this thread. :/
Well, what is there to reply about?
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
He's just annoyed that everyone replies to Land's thread and not his.
No, I just don't know why everyone loves land's application so much, and he gets all this support, when our are almost exactly the same. Plus he also mostly states things all moderators are suppose to do...

Like "I had to clean up a mass spam attack against the site where I was a Moderator. Got the job done on my own"

When I worked for worldblocky.com, we had about 5-10 attacks a day that lasted 30 minutes with bots. I had to clean it up with one other admin...I have never heard of a moderator who didn't have to clean up a spam attack

"I'm another set of hands to help deal with spam attacks, to protect the site, and to help people getting to know the site"

If you think about it, ANYONE the staff picks would be an extra set of hands...

Does anyone at all see what I mean? Please?
(06-17-2011, 02:39 AM)Chaos Wrote: No, I just don't know why everyone loves land's application so much, and he gets all this support, when our are almost exactly the same. Plus he also mostly states things all moderators are suppose to do...

Like "I had to clean up a mass spam attack against the site where I was a Moderator. Got the job done on my own"

When I worked for worldblocky.com, we had about 5-10 attacks a day that lasted 30 minutes with bots. I had to clean it up with one other admin...I have never heard of a moderator who didn't have to clean up a spam attack

"I'm another set of hands to help deal with spam attacks, to protect the site, and to help people getting to know the site"

If you think about it, ANYONE the staff picks would be an extra set of hands...

Does anyone at all see what I mean? Please?
If you can explain what a moderators' job is, then you're 1 step ahead of a person who can't! I personally think the application itself is without equal - but the replies you posted seemed quite rushed out.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
When you say "but the replies you posted seemed quite rushed out." Are you talking about my application?
Land's exceptionally nice, probably nicer that Ashely.
(06-17-2011, 01:36 PM)Chaos Wrote: When you say "but the replies you posted seemed quite rushed out." Are you talking about my application?

No, not the application, the replies you posted on the thread. The original post was nice and thought out, which is good. I'm not trying to criticize, I'm trying to give my feedback. The other few didn't seem quite as thought through.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]