Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2DWorlds: but in 2.5D instead of 2D?
I know that it'd take a lot of work, but lots of things do. Creating this site took a lot of work, effort, and patience, didn't it? I am asking how you would feel if it were implemented.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
Everything that we've done in the past 2.5 years would have to be trashed. The game engine (which Jacob did not write) is Box2D, which is NOT a 3D engine. Since it's not a 3D engine, it can't handle 3D, which is what 2.5D is a limited version of.

So, basically, it would be a completely new game completely unrelated to 2DWorlds. It would be a completely new project, unable at all to use any of the existing code at all.

Why can't you seem to understand that?
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
You weren't clear before, you were just showing signs of ignorance as usual. I did not know we were created with a game engine template. I thought the site was coded from scratch. Oh well.

Well I WAS the walrus.
Actually Box2D isn't a problem, since 2.5D games still use 2D physics. But all of the graphics stuff uses Java2D and wouldn't be easy to convert to 3D.
(02-25-2013, 03:58 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: Actually Box2D isn't a problem, since 2.5D games still use 2D physics. But all of the graphics stuff uses Java2D and wouldn't be easy to convert to 3D.

You just need some help? Big Grin?
[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
Let's dance
(02-25-2013, 03:58 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: Actually Box2D isn't a problem, since 2.5D games still use 2D physics. But all of the graphics stuff uses Java2D and wouldn't be easy to convert to 3D.

Big Grin Does that mean it's possible for you to do? And that means you could always have assistance. What do you think of my idea though Jacob_, of us going 2.5D?

Well I WAS the walrus.
"ignorance as usual"

I see someone who shouldn't be talking...
And its not a "game engine template," its a game engine. Difference.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]