Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A revolutionary feature that will change 2DWorlds - plug-ins!
(03-10-2013, 10:44 PM)Omega Wrote: Ghosty, this is for the people that can't script. I can't script. I want to learn, but if I want a cannon in my game sometimes I don't want to spend four months learning LUA so I can make a cannon.

I sometimes want my instant gratification. Sure, if I learn LUA, I'll be able to make a million other things, but why wait 4 months when I can get it now, and while making my game, slowly learn LUA, so once I'm done learning we can update my cannon so that it acts better?

Besides, you made the quick-models toolbar, if you really want to dumb down things, but the quick-models toolbar on the website. Anyone can add things to it (not just Jacob, you added to it on Buildism), it'll be like Free Models on ROBLOX.

LUA is one of the easiest languages and takes less than a day to learn.
(03-10-2013, 10:49 PM)Void Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 10:44 PM)Omega Wrote: Ghosty, this is for the people that can't script. I can't script. I want to learn, but if I want a cannon in my game sometimes I don't want to spend four months learning LUA so I can make a cannon.

I sometimes want my instant gratification. Sure, if I learn LUA, I'll be able to make a million other things, but why wait 4 months when I can get it now, and while making my game, slowly learn LUA, so once I'm done learning we can update my cannon so that it acts better?

Besides, you made the quick-models toolbar, if you really want to dumb down things, but the quick-models toolbar on the website. Anyone can add things to it (not just Jacob, you added to it on Buildism), it'll be like Free Models on ROBLOX.

Maybe for someone who has had previous knowledge of a scripting language. I have no other knowledge than being able to script basic math problems in C.
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] ɥɔǝǝʌpuɐs ǝʞıן ı ıoq ɥɐǝʎ [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
(03-10-2013, 10:50 PM)Omega Wrote:

Maybe for someone who has had previous knowledge of a scripting language. I have no other knowledge than being able to script basic math problems in C.

No, just learn the syntax and you're basically done.
Lua (please spell it right, its explicitly not 'LUA') is one of the easiest languages to learn, and most people start by learning it or a similar language. And if you're really that lazy, ask someone else to build it for you.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
Excuse me, princess.
However, I believe Void JUST stated that.
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] ɥɔǝǝʌpuɐs ǝʞıן ı ıoq ɥɐǝʎ [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
(03-11-2013, 07:35 PM)DysLabs Wrote: Lua (please spell it right, its explicitly not 'LUA') is one of the easiest languages to learn, and most people start by learning it or a similar language. And if you're really that lazy, ask someone else to build it for you.

Opinions.. opinions.. It may be the easiest for you; but not others.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
Have you tried?
(03-11-2013, 07:35 PM)DysLabs Wrote: Lua (please spell it right, its explicitly not 'LUA') is one of the easiest languages to learn, and most people start by learning it or a similar language. And if you're really that lazy, ask someone else to build it for you.

Huh, I thought I replied to your post earlier but I guess I just hallucinated on my posting trip.

No one is lazy for wasting time on a hobby. Quit being such an elitist.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
Huh, I saw that.
(03-10-2013, 10:52 PM)Void Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 10:50 PM)Omega Wrote:

No, just learn the syntax and you're basically done.

If you know Lua so well and say how knowledgeable and good you are with it, why couldn't you help me with a script instead of telling me to ask Ghosty?
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.