Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashely, please read this, and let everyone say their opinions and thoughts.
(07-21-2011, 12:41 AM)LOL Wrote: Ashely, listen to me. The majority of the community, including the mods, dislike you. You may think ming and interwebs should be demoted, but I and several other people agree you should be demoted. You deny your cons, you deny feedback, and you deny the truth. You gave me a longer ban than spongebob because you dislike me more. You obsessively lock and delete threads. Debates are almost impossible to have with you. It all ends up with you locking, deleting, and covering it all up. You only do all this because you're so desperate of keeping your job. Let's see what the community has to say.
I don't know how many times I've went through this, first with Rare and now you. I'm not here to make everyone like me. I joined Buildism to be apart of a awesome indie game website.

You guys are complaining about me doing my job now? Since when have I ever been desperate to keep my job? You choose to break a rule which got you a 4 day ban, you think I was going to let you slide for cursing me out? No. Sponge got banned for a very inappropriate thread, and then his ban was updated by Interwebs. I lock threads that should be locked, I may lock a thread that shouldn't be closed but we all have made mistakes in our life. I can't hide anything from anyone on the staff, we have logs which are checked daily, If I made a mistake I will be told by either Jacob or another staff member.
How did you even hear about mods possibly being demoted? Yes some are due to us having to many mods at the moment. We hired news ones to take the place of the inactive mods, but the inactive mods seem to be coming back online. We're over staffed right now out numbering users online by 4 at times. If they don't like me it just proves why they shouldn't be apart of the team.

I should lock this thread but I would love to hear what others have to say.
Hello
One word doesn't count as cursing out...
Anyway, I don't think overstaffed is possible, like Jacob_ said a mature community consisting of all Moderators can function properly.

Also, there is no harm done in having more protection out numbering by 4 is a peak. Many times I find myself the ONLY one online or the only one active in fact last night I pretty much was the only one in the recently posted.

You have to understand that there are different time shifts. You may be online when many mods are online but there are times when practically no one is online. When the mods mentioned by Qwerty left, some mods posted that it would be tough.
I also disagree with removing inactive moderators, it is not their fault that they had certain occurrences that stop them from being on. Think about if your computer was compromised and you came back to have lost your position.

Removing staff simply because there were too many only makes things worse. It made CubeBomb go in a bad state and it even shut down.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(07-21-2011, 02:53 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: One word doesn't count as cursing out...
Anyway, I don't think overstaffed is possible, like Jacob_ said a mature community consisting of all Moderators can function properly.

Also, there is no harm done in having more protection out numbering by 4 is a peak. Many times I find myself the ONLY one online or the only one active in fact last night I pretty much was the only one in the recently posted.

You have to understand that there are different time shifts. You may be online when many mods are online but there are times when practically no one is online. When the mods mentioned by Qwerty left, some mods posted that it would be tough.
I also disagree with removing inactive moderators, it is not their fault that they had certain occurrences that stop them from being on. Think about if your computer was compromised and you came back to have lost your position.

Removing staff simply because there were too many only makes things worse. It made CubeBomb go in a bad state and it even shut down.

He cursed at me, I call that cursing me out..

The mods who will be demoted aren't really getting fired, We just don't need this many right now. Once the site grows and more users start joining the fired mods are at the top of the list to get hired as a mod again.

That's CB, has nothing to do with Buildism. Having to much staff right now isn't needed.
Hello
Other forum communities are a perfect comparison. Saying nothing to do with is not a valid excuse to deny the fact that removing staff doesn't help anything. There have been no problems regarding the staff size right now.

The only problem would be users disliking certain mod actions.
Demotion is being fired, this is not a paid job you can't get laid off and even if it was a real job most of us would have contracts and none of them would have been expired and demoting would be breaching the document.

Long story short, if it's not broken don't fix it.

(07-21-2011, 03:06 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Other forum communities are a perfect comparison. Saying nothing to do with is not a valid excuse to deny the fact that removing staff doesn't help anything. There have been no problems regarding the staff size right now.

Demotion is being fired, this is not a paid job you can't get laid off and even if it was a real job most of us would have contracts and none of them would have been expired and demoting would be breaching the document.

We don't need this many staff members right now. I'm not going to debate, sorry.

Back on topic.
Hello
(07-21-2011, 03:11 AM)Ashely Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 03:06 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Other forum communities are a perfect comparison. Saying nothing to do with is not a valid excuse to deny the fact that removing staff doesn't help anything. There have been no problems regarding the staff size right now.

We don't need this many staff members right now. I'm not going to debate, sorry.

Back on topic.
This is what most people are talking about...

(07-21-2011, 03:15 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 03:11 AM)Ashely Wrote:

Back on topic.
This is what most people are talking about...

What? Me not wanting to debate? It's final we just don't need this many mods right now. I'm not going to debate on something that's final.
Hello
So your decision goes for everyone else that hasn't posted here?

This thread isnt about mods being demoted.

LOL made this thread to get user feedback on myself which I'd like to see.
Hello
Second complete sentence [not including Listen to me] of OP.