Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Freedom Typers
(08-01-2011, 06:56 PM)Duck Wrote: That reminds me, I really need to play the wii version of simcity again

Too bad, it's mine.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(08-01-2011, 07:02 PM)CheeseSticks Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 06:56 PM)Duck Wrote: That reminds me, I really need to play the wii version of simcity again

Too bad, it's mine.

Too bad, I'm taking it.
(08-01-2011, 07:05 PM)Duck Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 07:02 PM)CheeseSticks Wrote:

Too bad, it's mine.

Too bad, I'm taking it.

Too bad, I'll punch you in the neck if you do.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
Too bad, this is someone else's blog.

The funny thing is that's how I discovered the series, I have a city of about 1,100,000 in the Wii version (Simcity Creator). I remember seeing the commercial for it, been playing it since the year it came out.
I always fail in simcity 4 ;_;

When my population hits 5,000-20,000 the majority of commercial and residential buildings are abandoned. Everyone is complaining about everything even if I give them 10 times more than my small profit. I try to do everything to stop people from leaving due to long commutes, but no matter what it still happens. Even cheating doesn't make it easier. There's always a high demand for the industry, but I don't want a smoggy dirty town where labors work their asses off (And then leave). It's hard to make a luxurious city of skyscrapers when the demand and desirability for commercial and residential zones are VERY low. It all ends up for me as a crappy town desperate (My biggest is 50,000) for profit.
I also attempted setting the taxes to nearly 0.

It failed.
Well, it's been a while since I posted my last blog post.

Currently bored. The community derailed ever since extra and unneeded rules were added and all humbleness was gone. There's no fun or happiness here, unless you call being outwitted by lowlife individuals a worthwhile sport.

Buildism and everything along with it has gone into a metaphorical hell.

I lost every friend I gathered here. I had good times with Hippo_yay, Aaron, Broloxer, luckyone, who, micky, and etc, but new disputes formed, and at the end conflict, drama, and hate always won. I've maintained a somewhat friendly relation with Aaron and Who, and I have recently decided to stop holding a grudge against Broloxer. I'm not sure about Hippo_yay. I know I had my quirks too, and some of you may know me as the last idiot left in Buildism to get rid of. I regret starting nonsense all over the forums just to get things done my way, such as the time I argued against Ashley being mod.

There's just too much things to think about. Where is this leading to? Can we trust anyone anymore?

I guess I have to stop living in the past, but it's hard to stop living in the past especially when that past was humble and not a "come-up-with-the-best-insult/comeback-and-become-the-forum-king" game.

Is this it?
It's not THAT bad. You weren't here back in February and March, so you wouldn't know, but this is twice as active and twice as interesting as it was then. Back then, the ONLY very active users were me, Interwebs, Sazaho, Paradox, Tyler, roperson, Jacob_, and InternetGuy; and Anti, Testerrocksroblox, Daria-theblablybla, Iliekmudkips, and mat651425 (I'm still not totally sure on those numbers) were reasonably active.

Now, we still have some of those old users, some of them still come back occaisionally, and we have plenty of new ones -- you, Who, Hippo_Yay, Aaron, Scripter, Duck, Brassrhino...

It's not over yet -- I still see upwards of 5 people online at some point each day. WE WILL SURVIVE (unless we get hit by a bus or a disco ball).

Wait a minute...

Is all this gloom and doom just because I finally got the best of you, over that ROBLOX thread? Wink
If I continue my antics here at this rate I could get deleted, so I have decided to go semi-inactive on Buildism and move on to other forums and communities. It feels great to start fresh on other sites. Nothing else to report for now.
So far I'm putting more of my time into cooking and art. Besides that, I found a community I used to go to before Buildism. Sadly, no one was active and the whole site was abandoned and forgotten.