Random filter in game
Currently there is no filter in game, there probably should be
How about we just rely on people reporting, so it will be easier to code up a report button.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
The host of the server should be the one to do as the host pleases to take action. If the host allows an unfiltered environment, then it should be that way, but with warning in regards to the server.

The host takes care of the server and should have the rules, so that is how it is.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
What if I changed the Chatted event so you can return a string to change the message, or false to block it entirely? Then if somebody wants filters, they can code it themselves (should just be a simple string replacement.)
(07-29-2011, 10:38 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: What if I changed the Chatted event so you can return a string to change the message, or false to block it entirely? Then if somebody wants filters, they can code it themselves (should just be a simple string replacement.)
Can you mess with the code to make it a random word?
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
If you're going to have a string replacement, you can code it to be random.

[lua]
local strings = {"FAILZOR", "NOOB", "FAILISM", "ROBLAWKED"}
FilterChat(strings[math.random(1, #strings)])
[/lua]
(07-29-2011, 10:38 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: What if I changed the Chatted event so you can return a string to change the message, or false to block it entirely? Then if somebody wants filters, they can code it themselves (should just be a simple string replacement.)

That'd be fine