Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Mini-modding
(08-04-2011, 01:56 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: @Nice You didn't know about that rule, action's already been taken, so it's not worth doing anything extra about it now.

Ok, I'll calm down.
I must concur with some of you, as I do feel that this thread is very needed and proper. Mini-modding should never be allowed, even if the mini-mod is only trying to help by posting a friendly reminder on the forums. This is a job that is meant for the moderators to complete, and mini-mods don't make the staff members' job easier by any means.

I don't even see mini-modding to be proper when it comes to responding to a spammer, telling him / her to not spam, or even replying "stop!" Just press the report button, send a report, and it will be taken care of. Members who respond to rule-breakers with a mini-mod attitude are only further worsening the situation and adding to the fire.

Sometimes, the mini-mod makes a wrong accusation to the rule-breaker, and this will make matters very bad generally speaking.

Thank you for posting this thread, Ashely, as I must support it 100%.
I agree with this rule. Lots of forums have rules about
backseat modding, because enforcing rules is the mod's job, not yours. There is a reason we give warnings, and that is so we can tell someone they have broken the rules without having to risk them arguing in the thread and dragging it offtopic.

If you really have an irresistibile urge to tell someone they have broken the rules and you can do it without flaming, send a PM.
Some people may get confused on Mini-Modding. Mini-Modding is something such as saying "Don't post here." or "Off Topic." or "Don't spam." as doing that results in spam itself.

One more thing, something I'm afraid will happen here, before it does happen, should become a rule: Do not say "Reported." when you report something. Just report it and move on.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
is this rule applied or what
tell us to read the rules section again
I dont check this section too offten
A FAN OF ME?
WEAR THIS SKIN:
http://buildism.net/items/MisterObvious/2505
100 takes noobs
I do not agree with this rule

If I see someone repeatedly bumping old threads with short spammy posts I will say to them "If you're going to bump an old thread, please post something that contributes to the conversation"

I don't see why my posting privileges should be revoked for a polite reminder
I agree/disagree with this rule.

From experience, I know this rule is just too harsh to enforce. However I'm not one to favor the whole backseat modding routine because in all honesty it's just annoying to the mods, they have a job to do and when people try and do it for them sometimes it will lead to confusion and if the information is wrong, it has potential to make the forum look like a wreck.

So yeah, kudos, but good luck enforcing this! Smile I always would feel really guilty trying to punish someone for helping, I mean seriously...who wants to ban someone who's doing no harm, and just trying to help? Not me. Rules are rules, however.