Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My return: an important address to the Buildism community.
I have other evidence, like the Ashley GIF.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(08-11-2011, 03:00 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: I have other evidence, like the Ashley GIF.

I'm very happy for you. You can deny the truth all you want and argue all you want, but I've made my point. There is nothing to argue about. The truth is the truth. Everyone here knows what really happened. If you want to discuss this issue further, then send me a PM. Right now, you don't have any evidence other than your opinion; perhaps it would be best to get your facts completely straight before making points like these?
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
This started a long time ago, in fact, before you joined. I am not denying the truth, I just have facts that counter yours. The House was created AFTER even the subject of my demotion occurred. The situation on my part was 15 days after I was assigned my role, a similar spur of threads like these happened at that time as well. However, most discussion was done on the chat rather than on the forum because no action was done AND the thread stating it was not visible to other users.

Even before that was when LOL and Glome had discussed slips in the moderation team and how to exploit them in order to make something happened. An example would be when Glome changed his signature to something that targeted Qwertygiy. Two things that also came into play were when LOL was banned for PMing the B-word, one of the first offenses that put him on bad terms with Ashely and the other on Glome's side, was when he was banned for posting a reference link to Wikipedia describing the word Boi.
These two events caused similar discussion on ways they thought the moderators weren't doing a good job.

Most of these were not posted in threads. However, I assure you these things started far before LOL started talking about the House and the Order.
The order was just a way to publicly disagree with people and what they did. An alternative to rants in the chat that the target would never see.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(08-11-2011, 03:12 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: This started a long time ago, in fact, before you joined. I am not denying the truth, I just have facts that counter yours. The House was created AFTER even the subject of my demotion occurred. The situation on my part was 15 days sfter I was assigned my role, a similar spur of threads like these happened at that time as well. However, most discussion was done on the chat rather than on the forum because no action was done AND the thread stating it was not visible to other users.

Even before that was when LOL and Glome had discussed slips in the moderation team and how to exploit them in order to make something happened. An example would be when Glome changed his signature to something that targeted Qwertygiy. Two things that also came into play were when LOL was banned for PMing the B-word, one of the first offenses that put him on bad terms with Ashely and the other on Glome's side, was when he was banned for posting a reference link to Wikipedia describing the word Boi.
These two events caused similar discussion on ways they thought the moderators weren't doing a good job.

Most of these were not posted in threads. However, I assure you these things started far before LOL started talking about the House and the Order.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You are apparently talking about the *very* distant beginnings of the issues that we have been seeing. Meanwhile, I got straight to the point with the recent roots of these situations and discussed the recent causes of these issues. I didn't go far back in time like you did because of two reasons:

1.) I was not active on Buildism during that time.
2.) I wanted to get straight to the point so that I wouldn't have to do a lot of research on how the house & order crap started. In addition, I don't think anyone really cares how they started. I was just explaining the recent problems and how they were brought about with their recent roots.

Thanks for understanding that this was a misunderstanding.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-11-2011, 12:33 AM)CoderRyne Wrote: 1.) Exiling staff and members from the house and order or community or whatever you want to call it. This is harassment and just plain cruel.

:thumbdown:
It's a joke. Get over it. Fish wasn't offended by it, no one else should be.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(08-11-2011, 09:22 AM)CheeseSticks Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 12:33 AM)CoderRyne Wrote: 1.) Exiling staff and members from the house and order or community or whatever you want to call it. This is harassment and just plain cruel.

:thumbdown:
It's a joke. Get over it. Fish wasn't offended by it, no one else should be.

I don't think that anyone actually found this "joke" that you speak of to be funny. You completely missed the point of this thread.

This "joke" that you speak of caused a great deal of new forum garbage to be created and gave the forum staff a lot of cleaning up to do and new concerns. If you find all of this to be a funny joke, then that's a problem.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
Actually the joke was funny, the mods doing their job wasn't a terrible thing, and no one ever said it was.
True beauty.
I don't think you understood the point of my response to your previous response to this thread either. Uh... that's not good. Perhaps you should send me a PM before going any further with this on the public forums; your posts on my thread are just not fitting in with the topic. Sorry.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
This had nothing to do with the Order. The order was just some joke dictatorship. People have been whining about bad mods and such since the mod applications.

As for those who were exiled from an internet role playing group and were left "shaken, hurt, and even angered.", who exactly? Fish was exiled and didn't actually care, and everyone else who was exiled was already opposing the order, so obviously didn't care if they got exiled.

In the end it's not due to Lol's group, it's due to people being ignorant / naive enough to take it at face value and actually think that being in the order means something.
I agree.
True beauty.