Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last night's events
Someone obtained a moderator's password and logged in. He was able to ban several users, but Ashely took away moderator powers before any permanent damage could be done.

The exact way the cracker obtained the password is unknown, but he did not actually "hack" the Buildism website. If someone had access to do that, they would almost certainly use my account or Ashely's, since we have more powers.

I looked at the logs, and all of the IPs that were used to access the stolen account have been banned. They are probably proxies, but we have no way of knowing who did it with 100% certainty.

Please keep all discussion about the cracking incident in this thread.
Kieron said that Nice/Eric/Good had acsess to his website database and his passwords. Sazaho sighned up with his Password he used on Buildism. He removed Sazaho's now. [Image: 34p05j6.png] :/
(08-17-2011, 03:51 PM)Fish Wrote: Kieron said that Nice/Eric/Good had acsess to his website database and his passwords. Sazaho sighned up with his Password he used on Buildism. He removed Sazaho's now. [Image: 34p05j6.png] :/

The passwords are now encrypted.
(08-17-2011, 03:26 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Someone obtained a moderator's password and logged in.

I take full responsibility for this, I (stupidly) signed up for a website Kieron had made, using the same password as on buildism.

I am deeply sorry for my stupidity.
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
(08-17-2011, 04:26 PM)Sazaho Wrote:
(08-17-2011, 03:26 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Someone obtained a moderator's password and logged in.

I take full responsibility for this, I (stupidly) signed up for a website Kieron had made, using the same password as on buildism.

I am deeply sorry for my stupidity.

No hatred towards you.. I signed up to. but I didn't use my buildism password luckily
Kieron's lack of foresight indirectly caused it (by not encrypting the test site passwords), but he didn't do it.
(08-17-2011, 08:20 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Kieron's lack of foresight indirectly caused it (by not encrypting the test site passwords), but he didn't do it.

Well, he didn't know how to.
He did with Brickerz.
(08-17-2011, 08:22 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: He did with Brickerz.

That either
1. Had an encryption system pre-made (Along with the rest of the MyBB forums).
2. Just recently got it.
(08-17-2011, 08:22 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: He did with Brickerz.
Exactly.