Minecraft Mod: More Music Discs
Just a really basic mod; the first one that I've actually gotten releasable without any obvious bugs (I made another but it had rendering issues). It currently adds 10 records and a customizable record. It also adds recipes for all vanilla records!

I am also currently working on expansion packs; these will add more discs but you won't have to download each disc in a huge time-consuming download that might use up all your sprite IDs when you just want some of the discs, or just crafting recipes for vanilla discs.

Recipes
All discs are created by crafting together a music sheet and a blank disc.

Blank disc

Obsidian, Glass Pane, Obsidian
Iron Ingot, Glass Pane, Iron Ingot

This gives you 4 discs. Unlike written discs, these can be stacked up to 64.

Music Sheet: 13

Paper, Dandelion Yellow, Bonemeal

Music Sheet: Cat

Paper, Lime Dye

Music Sheet: Blocks

Paper, Rose Red

Music Sheet: Chirp

Paper, Redstone Dust

Music Sheet: Far

Paper, Lime Dye, Dandelion Yellow

Music Sheet: Mall

Paper, Purple Dye, Light Blue Dye

Music Sheet: Mellohi

Paper, Purple Dye, Bonemeal

Music Sheet: Stal

Paper, Ink Sac

Music Sheet: Strad

Paper, Bonemeal

Music Sheet: Ward

Paper, Cactus Green, Lime Dye

Music Sheet: Stewed

Paper, Mushroom Stew

Music Sheet: Where the Forest meets the Rapids

Paper, Water Bucket, Sapling

Music Sheet: Axel

Paper, Blaze Powder

Music Sheet: Remember This

Paper, Dirt, Cobblestone, Gravel, Sand

Music Sheet: In The End

Paper, Ender Pearl

Music Sheet: Granite

Paper, Stone

Music Sheet: Not Perfection

Paper, Fermented Spider Eye, Rotten Flesh, Gold Nugget

Music Sheet: Bad Day Remiques

Paper, Lava Bucket, Gunpowder

Music Sheet: Crying Soul

Paper, Ghast Tear, Nether Brick

OR

Paper, Ghast Tear, Gunpowder

Installation and Download

The main mod itself can be put in ModLoader's "mod" folder, and the songs go in AudioMod's "mod/streaming" folder inside "resources". However, to get the correct titles of songs, there are two base classes that were edited (afy.class and MLProp.class) so that the records are not titled "C418 - Qwertygiy - Stewed" or so forth, and the config file will work. Other mods may edit MLProp; don't worry because their edit is probably the same as this one. Just install the other mod over mine.

It requires AudioMod and ModLoader, both by Risugami, which can be found on this MinecraftForum thread.

The mod itself is currently hosted at my website. I do not have an information page up for it yet; this thread is about all the documentation there is.

NOTE: The v0.3-and-up downloads are approximately 22 megabytes. Due to the size of the music, any more songs I add will be in optional "expansion packs".

v0.4: http://www.keybored.x10.mx/minecraft/Mor...ks_v04.zip

v0.3: http://www.keybored.x10.mx/minecraft/Mor...ks_v03.zip

v0.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?6oewybkdt4dl3hu

v0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?3z97kdwa36nvqw9

Copy the contents of "In .minecraft folder" into %appdata%/.minecraft and for correct record names, copy the contents of "In minecraft.jar" into %appdata%/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar.

Bugs:
The rainbow text that pops up when you put in custom disks still says "C418 - SongName" instead of "Qwertygiy - Song Name". The items themselves are named correctly.

Changelog:
Code:
v0.4: Added a Custom Music Disc. Add a new .ogg, .wav, or .mod music file named CustomSong[.filetype] to .minecraft/resources/mod/streaming to use it. Also, added a file in .minecraft/config so that you can change the starting item IDs from 8000 if need be.

v0.3: Added even MORE new discs; not going to add any more music to the main mod due to it being over 20 megabytes right now.

v0.2: Added recipes for all vanilla discs, and adds several new discs.

v0.1: Created mod; just adds a new disc to the Creative menu.
Might want to change the ID, I'm not sure toomanyitems would work with 8000
(02-11-2012, 08:50 PM)Duck Wrote: Might want to change the ID, I'm not sure toomanyitems would work with 8000

I actually remapped a conflicting item's ID to 8000 once and it worked fine with TMI.
(02-11-2012, 09:15 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 08:50 PM)Duck Wrote: Might want to change the ID, I'm not sure toomanyitems would work with 8000

I actually remapped a conflicting item's ID to 8000 once and it worked fine with TMI.

Maybe they fixed it then. iirc correctly TMI never used to show items with high IDs
The system for crafting discs is going to involve making blank discs out of obsidian, glass panes, and iron ingots (each recipe gives you 4 discs), making music sheets out of paper and various items, and then crafting together the sheet and the disc. The sheets will share the map sprite so that the mod doesn't use up all the sprite indices while it adds the recipes for all the vanilla discs and mod-added discs.

I'm also planning on adding a secret recipe to make 11, the disc you cannot currently obtain in Survival mode...

Until I get most of the discs added and all of that worked out, Buildism is the only place I will release this.
Updated to v0.2, now it has recipes for all of C418's discs as well as one of my own. I'll be adding three other songs I wrote specifically for this mod, as well as several other of my songs and some by other people (anyone remember toast? How about Paradox's song Owl?)
Updated to v0.3. Consider the main mod complete. I WILL add other songs, but they will be in additional optional files so that you don't have to get dozens of download-time-consuming songs when you just want sensible ways to craft basic records.
You should add the Calm songs found in the music file.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(02-12-2012, 06:13 PM)Interwebs Wrote: You should add the Calm songs found in the music file.

The background songs will be one of the extensions; I'll have to include each file again in the download because record songs are in /streaming while the background musics are in /music and /newmusic.
You should add one extra disc that can be set to a song that you choose.