Do you guys play any other online MMO's?
(05-28-2012, 03:54 PM)Walrus Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 05:22 PM)jman Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 06:05 PM)Walrus Wrote: BESIDES ROBLOX and Minecraft and Buildism World of Warcraft or Terraria..

Like do you guys play any semi-popular or not-so-popular online mmo's?

terraria and minecraft aren't mmos

Yeah they are.
They are online games and multiplayer.

Wikipedia Wrote:A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and usually feature at least one persistent world.
Technically, Minecraft isn't an MMO. It is a sandbox game and most people don't even play it online like me.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
(05-28-2012, 08:36 PM)BuildistGuard Wrote: Technically, Minecraft isn't an MMO. It is a sandbox game and most people don't even play it online like me.

It really depends on what gamemode you play in. In Creative mode, it's a sandbox. In Survival mode, it's a simulation/survival game.
(05-28-2012, 08:37 PM)Paradox Wrote:
(05-28-2012, 08:36 PM)BuildistGuard Wrote: Technically, Minecraft isn't an MMO. It is a sandbox game and most people don't even play it online like me.

It really depends on what gamemode you play in. In Creative mode, it's a sandbox. In Survival mode, it's a simulation/survival game.

In survival mode it is a mix of sandbox and survival game
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(05-28-2012, 10:14 PM)Who Wrote:
(05-28-2012, 08:37 PM)Paradox Wrote:

In survival mode it is a mix of sandbox and survival game

I dont play Minecraft, but my twin brother does (he always plays in single-player).
Minecraft can be an MMO, but the way most people play it (singleplayer or in small servers) is not MMO. The only way it can be massively multiplayer online is if you play in a large server that has room for 100-200+ players.

By the same token, Roblox is not truly an MMO -- the most people you can get in one game is 30, and that takes Builder's Club.
(05-29-2012, 12:48 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Minecraft can be an MMO, but the way most people play it (singleplayer or in small servers) is not MMO. The only way it can be massively multiplayer online is if you play in a large server that has room for 100-200+ players.

By the same token, Roblox is not truly an MMO -- the most people you can get in one game is 30, and that takes Builder's Club.

Minecraft isn't an MMO if singleplayer. Most servers I've been to are less then 100.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
That's... what... I... just... said....
Yeah, but with a BuildistGuard.