Animated Gif Character Parts and Backgrounds
If ya don't know what communistic means, then just go search it up. Tongue
(08-04-2012, 06:32 PM)Goopler Wrote: If ya don't know what communistic means, then just go search it up. Tongue

This is the meaning of communistic:

Communistic
For God sakes, we get it, get back on topic.
I'd make animated backgrounds and character parts if we were able too.
(08-04-2012, 07:40 PM)Slender Wrote: For God sakes, we get it, get back on topic.

I think it be a bad idea to the animated backgrounds and character parts. It could make the site laggy.
(08-04-2012, 06:54 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 06:32 PM)Goopler Wrote: If ya don't know what communistic means, then just go search it up. Tongue

This is the meaning of communistic:

Communistic

I didn't get a definition because I searched it with one m, which is how he spelt it.
(08-04-2012, 08:07 PM)Upper_Class Wrote: I didn't get a definition because I searched it with one m, which is how he spelt it.

Well this word has two m, so you should get the definition...
(08-04-2012, 07:42 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 07:40 PM)Slender Wrote: For God sakes, we get it, get back on topic.

I think it be a bad idea to the animated backgrounds and character parts. It could make the site laggy.
No it wouldn't.
(08-04-2012, 08:31 PM)Slender Wrote: No it wouldn't.

I do find it a good idea, but it can have it bad sides. Let's say there's a thread where everybody's profile picture is completely animated. It could take a long time to load, especially with a page of thread that have a big amount of text/pictures in each text.
(08-04-2012, 08:36 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 08:31 PM)Slender Wrote: No it wouldn't.

I do find it a good idea, but it can have it bad sides. Let's say there's a thread where everybody's profile picture is completely animated. It could take a long time to load, especially with a page of thread that have a big amount of text/pictures in each text.
Have you been on the Chaos Thread? The Nyan Cat GIF covers the entire background and it doesn't lag. I think your computer just sucks.
The GIFs we'd be talking about would be 80x120 pixels. There are 15 posts per page. This means that, at a sort of "maximum", with 4 animated character parts of 10 frames each and an animated background of 10 frames, for every poster, and assuming the same person doesn't post twice, that's 750 frames at roughly 1 KB per frame.

0.75 MB. Should take less than 2 seconds on an average download speed.

And of course, once it's cached, it's cached -- it doesn't need to download everyone's avatar every single time you view it.