Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubstep discussion
(08-04-2012, 08:11 PM)Upper_Class Wrote: how about no because he's straight?

How about yes, because he annoys his sister with dubstep.
(08-04-2012, 08:11 PM)Upper_Class Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 06:51 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 06:14 PM)Goopler Wrote: Whatever. I enjoy listening to dubstep while my little sister gets headache.

Now that's just mean.

How about you listen to some barbie songs for your sister?

how about no because he's straight?

shouldnt let predefined gender & sexuality boundaries define what you do
Back to topic, pl0x?
(08-04-2012, 08:55 PM)Fat_Sacks Wrote: Back to topic, pl0x?

Agreed...

Fat_Sacks likes Dubstep.

Micky doesn't like dubstep.

Dubstep is music, just not talented one.
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(08-05-2012, 01:23 AM)who Wrote: Dubstep is music, just not talented one.
Why?
It's not neccessarily untalented -- it's just not "traditional".

Dubstep is based on principles of chaos and dischord instead of melody and harmony. It's nothing new -- there were plenty of chaotic dischordant symphonies and operas.
(08-05-2012, 01:24 AM)Slender Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 01:23 AM)who Wrote: Dubstep is music, just not talented one.
Why?

I could go on and on like I did in the old thread so I am just going to sum it up on this:

I believe is not talented because almost anyone with something as simple as computer skill can recreate any Dubstep song.

While something "traditional" does require skill to copy it, but a lot more of factors come in if you want to make something of your own to be equally compared in quality to a song that is considered by many as exelent.

Maybe there is someone talented who makes dubstep, just that I haven't heard of it or that I can't recognise an outstanding work without picturing just a person making clicks in a computer.

[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
It takes different talent, and it can be very hard to recognize it as talent -- I know that I very likely couldn't tell a crap dubstep song from a brilliant dubstep song -- but you can't just slap together a few bits and pieces on a computer and have it be a brilliant piece that people listen to over and over.

My own melodic "real" music is put together on a computer, and it's not as simple as just pushing a few buttons and tapping a few keys. It can take days to get something the way I want it, and even then my work is average at best.