Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubstep discussion
(08-05-2012, 09:10 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:07 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:00 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 08:56 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 03:58 PM)bikop Wrote: it covers when you said "dubstep is music, just not talented one"

Then you didn't read my 2 other posts
i was replying to the post that said "dubstep is music just not talented one".

I know, but if you are going to reply to my statement try reading all of it.
i read all of it

Yet you replyed to what could be considered a "Headline"
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(08-05-2012, 09:16 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:10 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:07 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:00 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 08:56 PM)who Wrote: Then you didn't read my 2 other posts
i was replying to the post that said "dubstep is music just not talented one".

I know, but if you are going to reply to my statement try reading all of it.
i read all of it

Yet you replyed to what could be considered a "Headline"
well fine; if you want my thoughts on it, i'll humor you; whether you agree with it or not

in my opinion, electronic musicians have just as much talent, if not more, than anyone else. it takes years to learn how to use a computer, learn a programming language, and make a professional-sounding song, while you could learn how to play your favorite beatles song in a couple months. it might just be the fact that electronic music has been my favorite musical genre for many years that i might have some blind loyalty; i don't know
(08-05-2012, 09:20 PM)bikop Wrote: well fine; if you want my thoughts on it, i'll humor you; whether you agree with it or not

in my opinion, electronic musicians have just as much talent, if not more, than anyone else. it takes years to learn how to use a computer, learn a programming language, and make a professional-sounding song, while you could learn how to play your favorite beatles song in a couple months

Ok, I respect your opinion but due to the fact that you said you would "humor" me I wont take it seriously, that is not debate.
(08-05-2012, 09:22 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:20 PM)bikop Wrote: well fine; if you want my thoughts on it, i'll humor you; whether you agree with it or not

in my opinion, electronic musicians have just as much talent, if not more, than anyone else. it takes years to learn how to use a computer, learn a programming language, and make a professional-sounding song, while you could learn how to play your favorite beatles song in a couple months

Ok, I respect your opinion but due to the fact that you said you would "humor" me I wont take it seriously, that is not debate.
you're really running out of replies, aren't you?
There is one thing in your argument, bikop, that I would like to point out.

Yes, you can learn to play a Beatles song in a couple months.

But can you learn to play the lead guitar, bass/backup guitar, keyboard, drums, and vocals well enough to make a releasable track in a couple months, without any prior musical practice?

I doubt that.
(08-05-2012, 09:24 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:22 PM)who Wrote:

you're really running out of replies, aren't you?

What do you expect me to reply? I'm trying to keep a debate, you seem to try to start a flame.
(08-05-2012, 09:24 PM)Qwerty Wrote: There is one thing in your argument, bikop, that I would like to point out.

Yes, you can learn to play a Beatles song in a couple months.

But can you learn to play the lead guitar, bass/backup guitar, keyboard, drums, and vocals well enough to make a releasable track in a couple months, without any prior musical talent?

I doubt that.
i did not say that those took no musical talent. i am basically saying that it takes just as long to learn compose electronic music then it would to play any other instrument
(08-05-2012, 09:26 PM)bikop Wrote: I am basically saying that it takes just as long to learn compose electronic music then it would to play any other instrument

Believe me, not even close
(08-05-2012, 09:28 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:26 PM)bikop Wrote: I am basically saying that it takes just as long to learn compose electronic music then it would to play any other instrument

go on then; make me a track
(08-05-2012, 09:29 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:28 PM)who Wrote:

go on then; make me a track

Go on then; Play "Stairway to heaven"l see what takes more.