Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubstep discussion
(08-05-2012, 09:46 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:44 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:34 PM)bikop Wrote: we are not arguing about which instrument takes more talent to master.

I was, clearly you didn't understood my first posts in the thread, read them again before replying to me again.
(08-05-2012, 09:44 PM)bikop Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:43 PM)who Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 09:37 PM)Slender Wrote: Saying making dubstep is easy to make

Never said that.
Quote:Dubstep is music, just not talented one.

Show where it says I said it was "easy", please.
by saying it takes no talent to make is basically saying it's easy to make
An example for better understanding.

Try licking your elbow, I'm almost certain that you wont be able to do it, yet there are some people who can, its not at talent but is really hard to do.
(08-07-2012, 06:39 PM)Micky Wrote: Try licking your elbow, I'm almost certain that you wont be able to do it, yet there are some people who can, its not at talent but is really hard to do.

You don't call being able to lick your elbow talent?

needs more squiddles
(08-06-2012, 04:44 AM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 11:09 PM)Slender Wrote: People make their living from using programs like photoshop or cinema4D. They are pretty important in the movie industry.

Photoshop is a big rip-off. Why not use GIMP?

I heard of Cinema4D, but you can also use Lightwave 3D since it's a better animation program.
Obvious troll is obvious, get out.
There are other ways of making dubstep then just "sitting at a computer" (Although this was probably pre-planned and mostly pre-mixed on the computer).
(08-10-2012, 12:35 AM)Paradox Wrote: There are other ways of making dubstep then just "sitting at a computer" (Although this was probably pre-planned and mostly pre-mixed on the computer).

Of course it was. Plus there are like 5 guys on 5 computers behind him. Its just for showing off.
No, Dubstep sounds sort of a dog being castrated and a magic drill.
[Image: sign.jpg]
Quote:When a person composes an opera they don't perform it themselves.
Someone else does.
It's still certainly considered art.

It doesn't take any talent other than writing to write a brilliant novel.
The same goes for music

A novel that is typed on a computer is just as good as an album typed on a typewriter is just a good as a novel written by hand is just as good as a novel written with feather and ink is just as good as a verbal story passed along from generation.
And so, a song created using a computer is just as good as a song created using a guitar.

You're writing a song.
Regardless of how that song is performed it's music.
If you perform that song via synthesizers and samplers, it's still music.

Electronic music is music, you can't even argue that.
It's an entirely legitimate music and a lot of it is entirely fantastic.

(08-10-2012, 01:09 AM)Micky Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 12:35 AM)Paradox Wrote: There are other ways of making dubstep then just "sitting at a computer" (Although this was probably pre-planned and mostly pre-mixed on the computer).

Of course it was. Plus there are like 5 guys on 5 computers behind him. Its just for showing off.
wow, just... wow
i don't even know what to say anymore
you guys are retarded

And so, a song created using a computer is just as good as a song created using a guitar.

You're writing a song.
Regardless of how that song is performed it's music.
If you perform that song via synthesizers and samplers, it's still music.

Electronic music is music, you can't even argue that.
It's an entirely legitimate music and a lot of it is entirely fantastic.

There you are getting into some matters which were not being discused, I do consider dubstep music and a way of art.

You quote about is, if you showed someone this:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQClW4DFtYbUV2qBytRf2U...vB0LS4lLmc]

I highly doubt someone would say: "Wow, that's brilliant!"

Same goes for this:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh0t2qooXYc7rM_PjaQF9...UnzzKzfWLw]

Both need to be put in action for someone to judge the outcome. and there is where it lays one major factor of what I consider talentful.

The writer of the song that involves real instruments requires to be performed by a big or small number of skilled players in order to be what is ment to be.

But electronic music requires you to press the "play" button in order for the song to be performed, and in there you don't hear the work of many people working and coordinating to make that one writer's work come true. Hell, you rarely even hear any real instruments.

To think a song created in a computer involves the same talent that one made in an instrument is just proving that you have little to no knoledge of technical music.If you have some background knoledge about the instruments and how diferent they work from each other, you will end up trully appreciating what the writer has created.

On the other hand you have to appreciate the hard work in electronic music making the beats and all, because at the same time the writer has more freedom of expression, he is not limited by the speed or technique of real instruments.

So at the end everything is resumed to your taste. I have come to realise that dubstep involves some talent, then it all falls on one's definition of talent, I think bad of dubstep because of my own definition. There is no right and wrong.
I hope that with this I end my debate in this thread, I think that with all the posts I have written I have covered what I think, I am not right and I am not wrong, these are my thoughts.
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
By the way, thanks Slender and Paradox for agreeing on Bikop`s thoughts of us beeing retarded.