Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java vs. C++
Which do you like better?

I personally like Java better because its easier for me.
But C++ is faster.
But Java is cross-platform.
Discuss.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
C++ is cross-platform too. You just have to recompile it for each platform. Java, on the other hand, only runs on one platform: the Java platform. :O
(08-06-2012, 09:51 AM)noob007 Wrote: 1. C++ is cross-platform too. You just have to recompile it for each platform.
2. Java, on the other hand, only runs on one platform: the Java platform. :O

1. That's what I meant.
2. The Java platform can be installed for any platform though, thus Java is cross-platform.
These programs are mainly made for web applications, or video games. If I was to choose, I would probably pick Java. It creates better applications, games, little slowdown in loading, and you can do a lot of stuff in Java.
(08-06-2012, 04:38 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote: These programs are mainly made for web applications, or video games. If I was to choose, I would probably pick Java. It creates better applications, games, little slowdown in loading, and you can do a lot of stuff in Java.

C++ was not meant for web applications.
You can't do it.
With Java you can.

But Java was not made specifically towards web applications, though it is possible.
(08-06-2012, 04:38 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote: These programs are mainly made for web applications, or video games. If I was to choose, I would probably pick Java. It creates better applications, games, little slowdown in loading, and you can do a lot of stuff in Java.

But C++ is more efficient than Java mostly due to the memory management, so many more games have been made in C++ than in Java.
(08-06-2012, 05:18 PM)noob007 Wrote: But C++ is more efficient than Java mostly due to the memory management, so many more games have been made in C++ than in Java.

Like World of Warcraft, it was made from C++.
(08-06-2012, 05:20 PM)Archived_Latinxassassin Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 05:18 PM)noob007 Wrote: But C++ is more efficient than Java mostly due to the memory management, so many more games have been made in C++ than in Java.

Like World of Warcraft, it was made from C++.

Back on topic.

C++ is way better for memory management.
Minecraft was made with Java.
(08-16-2012, 04:03 PM)Goopler Wrote: Minecraft was made with Java.

Off-topic