Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java vs. C++
No it was not. I support java, minecraft made with java is "k" for me but c++ is actually much better then Java. You can create more realistic games with c++.
(08-16-2012, 04:18 PM)Goopler Wrote: No it was not. I support java, minecraft made with java is "k" for me but c++ is actually much better then Java. You can create more realistic games with c++.

But "Minecraft is written is Java" =/= to what you just said
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
(08-16-2012, 04:18 PM)Goopler Wrote: No it was not. I support java, minecraft made with java is "k" for me but c++ is actually much better then Java. You can create more realistic games with c++.

The reason why Java is "slower" is because it runs in a virtual environment. It's processing much more during runtime than your average application would in C++. If you manage your scenes and your drawing calls correctly, you shouldn't have a problem.
But the non-determinism of Java's GC can make it really hard to optimize big games.

so you prefer java but say c++ is better

wat
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(08-27-2012, 07:11 PM)Hippo Wrote:

so you prefer java but say c++ is better

wat

I don't think he's thinking about he is posting.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
I don't think he thinks when he posts*