The purpose of Buildism is game creation.
Meh, I made games, but I got bored of it before or later.. There was nobody giving any kind of feedback about my games I used a lot of time scripting... It felt like my games are just a waste of time...
Nobody wants to make a game if the game is not noticed by anybody... Always I got comments on my page or games, I got inspiration to continue :/

This is also reason why I stopped coming on this site ;P
[Image: 76561198036192536.png][Image: Ava2.gif]
AntiBoomz0r @ roblox,xfire
AntiBoomz @ minecraft
MiikaFTW @ steam
(07-14-2011, 09:27 PM)Anti Wrote: Meh, I made games, but I got bored of it before or later.. There was nobody giving any kind of feedback about my games I used a lot of time scripting... It felt like my games are just a waste of time...
Nobody wants to make a game if the game is not noticed by anybody... Always I got comments on my page or games, I got inspiration to continue :/

This is also reason why I stopped coming on this site ;P

Buildism is a lot more popular now than it was when you last updated your games. Today, most games that had any effort at all put into them get some feedback.

To solve the problem of games not being noticed, I added the recently changed game list to the top of every forum page, also today the games page was redesigned to show the most popular games of the last week by default.

If you really want to get noticed, post a thread on the forums, that's where people are most of the time Tongue
(07-14-2011, 09:31 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Buildism is a lot more popular now than it was when you last updated your games. Today, most games that had any effort at all put into them get some feedback.
I really don't believe this. It still seems like 90% of people dont even check any games, just forum - - -

(07-14-2011, 09:31 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: To solve the problem of games not being noticed, I added the recently changed game list to the top of every forum page,
This was here when i last updated my games...

(07-14-2011, 09:31 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: also today the games page was redesigned to show the most popular games of the last week by default.
Wont this just stop the new games from being noticed, when the "more popular" games are on show?

(07-14-2011, 09:31 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: If you really want to get noticed, post a thread on the forums, that's where people are most of the time Tongue
[Image: 76561198036192536.png][Image: Ava2.gif]
AntiBoomz0r @ roblox,xfire
AntiBoomz @ minecraft
MiikaFTW @ steam
"I really don't believe this. It still seems like 90% of people dont even check any games, just forum - - -"
It's true that there are a lot of people that are only here for the forum (I've been trying to fix that, it isn't working) but there are quite a few people that make and play games. Just look at some recent game and profile pages, most of them have comments.

"Wont this just stop the new games from being noticed, when the "more popular" games are on show?"
Not at all--before, the games page showed the all-time most popular, which was basically useless. The recently updated games are still on the home page and every page of the forums, and you can list them on the games page now so if anything they will get noticed more, not less.
no the main purpose is foruming you sillyhead/sarcasm
Yea once my computer gets fixed im going to make this epic game.
I want multiplayer.
(09-16-2011, 04:10 PM)Dr_Evil Wrote: I want multiplayer.

We have multiplayer. You just need to port forward, which is incredibly complicated :doubt:
(09-16-2011, 05:01 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: We have multiplayer. You just need to port forward, which is incredibly complicated :doubt:

It's actually not too complicated once you learn how to do it; it's just hard to figure out because every router model has a different interface, and if your network wasn't set up to use static IPs, you'll have to do that if you have multiple computers on the network.

After I got a router for the first time I remember posting a rage thread on a forum about not knowing how to host a server, so you're not alone. Tongue And this game was P2P and used random port numbers so it was even more difficult.

But it is a good skill to have if you ever plan on being a serious multiplayer gamer, because the only games that don't have player hosted servers are the ones where the company has a lot of money and wants more control over their game.
I need help, I got all the stuff for this, just when I try play, it brakes. Any tips?